Error: "Your Ad Wasn't Approved Because It Doesn't Follow Facebook's Advertising Policies"
If you've received this message, a few steps can help resolve this error.
Facebook's Advertising Policies apply to an ad's content, audience, and the destination it links to. Please review the ad policies, your ads, and your website to ensure that they do not violate any terms.
Common violations that occur are:
- Alcohol - Ads that promote or reference alcohol must comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals, and include age and country targeting criteria consistent with Facebook's targeting guidelines and applicable local laws.
- Profanity - Ads must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers, and letters must be used properly without the intention of circumventing the ad review process or other enforcement systems.
- Smoking - Facebook does not allow ads that promote the use or sale of cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco and smoking accessories (e.g., tobacco pipes, hookahs, hookah lounges, rolling papers, vaporized tobacco delivery devices, shisha, electronic cigarettes). The advertisement of such products is highly regulated around the world.
- Sexuality - Facebook does not allow ads that promote adult products or services, such as sex toys, sexual enhancement products, or sexual videos and publications, as well as images or videos that show nudity.
- Body Image - Your ad wasn't approved because it focuses on an ideal physical body image. Images that show a type of body as being perfect or undesirable (e.g., focusing on abs or belly fat) are not accepted.
How To Fix:
Edit the ads in your campaign to remove any violations that may be causing the error. If your violation is alcohol related, add the minimum drinking age to all targeting audiences. If errors continue, remove alcohol-related content from ad.
My Ads Don't Violate Any Facebook Advertising Policies
Facebook is overly precautious on flagging campaigns that may violate their advertising policies. They use a combination of algorithms and humans to determine if an ad is approved.
It is possible that your ads have been mistakenly disapproved. IF you believe that is the case, you can appeal that ad disapproval process.
To appeal the ad disapproval process, please fill out the form here. In the description box for Describe Your Problem, please copy and paste the following:
I believe your algorithm mistakenly disapproved this ad. This ad does not violate any of Facebook's advertising policies.
Please have a human review the ad content and approve as soon as possible.
I appreciate your help!
Facebook’s ad review can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 days. Once the ad is approved, no further action is required. Your campaign will begin delivering immediately upon your scheduled start date.